Current Projects in Development
- Under the Midday Moon — YA Novel — Claire and Adam have been best friends since the second grade. But when the secrets Claire has kept come to the surface, will Adam survive?
- The Many Adventures of Fay Fairburn — A series of stories and snippets and possibly a novel, featuring the indomitable Fay Fairburn as she meets ghosts, fairies, and confused social workers.
- The Poetry Project — An ongoing poetry project with the aim of creating poetry for the joy of it, in which readers post a prompt (a word or short phrase) as a comment, and I respond with a poem.
- Over the Hill and through the Woods — completed Aug 2012 — An online collection of poems inspired by fairy tales and submitted to the Atty Awards.
- The First Kiss and Other Poems — Sept 2007 — A six-page mini-chapbook, created as a gift for those who donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as a part of my Hike For Discovery participation.
- “Annie Taylor, Niagara Falls, 1901″ and “Red Riding Hood Remembers,” Linden Avenue, Issue I, June 2012 (link)
- “Bird Collides with Window,” a handful of stones, February 11, 2012 (link)
- “The Teeth that are Teeth,” Z-composition (on Google+), February 2012 (link)
- “Comfort at Last,” Z-composition, Issue I, February 2012 (link)
- “An Ifrit in San Francisco,” Scheherezade’s Bequest, Issue 14, Dec 2011 (link)
- “Beware of Attics,” Chiaroscuro (ChiZine), Vol. 47a, April 2011
- “This Apocalypse,” Strange Horizons, 3/14/2011 (link)
- “Miscalculation,” Train Write, November 2010 (link)
- “Dear Tree,” “Schrodinger Haiku,” and “white cat in a windowsill,” Bear Creek Haiku, #94, 2010
- “Gretel,” Chiaroscuro (ChiZine), Vol. 44, April 2010
- “Nature’s Mandala” and “All That is Left Behind,” Cats with Thumbs, Feb. 15, 2010 (link)
- “India,” Bear Creek Haiku #87, Spring 2009
- “Interrupted,” Bear Creek Haiku #86, Spring 2009
- “lluvia,” Bear Creak Haiku #70, Fall 2007
- “Wings,” Strange Horizons, 7-16-2007 (link)
- “The Morning’s Alchemist,” Red Wheelbarrow, Student Edition, Spring 2007
- “My Love was Anesthesia,” Censored Poets, 1-14-07 (link)
- “The First Kiss” and “Buddha Knows,” Ascent Aspirations, Volume 10, No. 4, November 2006
- “The Lost One” and “All She Wants is a Pair of Scissors,” Perigee, Volume IV Issue I, Aug/Sept/Oct 2006 (link)
- “Once Upon a Time in China,” Chinquapin, Spring 2002
- “Firecracker” — A 48 Hour Film project about a girl who learns the meaning of freedom on the Fourth of July. Credited as a cowriter (with Jordan Rosa and David Kruschke) and as a boom operator.
- “The Unraveling of Oscar Justino” — A mockumentary about an artist, who alters existing architecture and sculpture with toilet paper as a comment on society. This film was created in 24 hours for a competition. As a part of a large group, I assisted in developing the storyline, which was then ad-libbed by the actors. I also assisted with filming as a gofer, as well as prop and costume management.
- “Barbie’s Wonderful Life” — Unproduced short script. A young girl works through her stressful home life by playing with her dolls.
- “Meditation for Writers,” Vision: A Resource for Writers, Issue 45, May/June 2008 (link)
- Various La Voz Weekly articles, Spring/Fall 2007