One of the ways I’m planning to keep motivated on my massive list of goals is to check in once a month and assess where I’m at. I know it hasn’t been a full month yet, but for some reason I like the idea of doing my check in during the middle of the month. *grin*
I’m off to a good start at the races. Three poems (including two newly written ones) have been sent off to a for-the-love market and I’ve written about 3,860 words of fiction, including work on Untitled Werewolf Novel, a section of the Fay Fairburn story for therealljidol, and the start of a new short story for the Awesome Anthology. So, I’m feeling good on the writing front.
In terms of physical endeavors, I’ve been pretty good about keeping up with the yoga every morning. I’ve only missed a few days. I also got a walk in there and an ill-fated attempt at ice skating (no falls, but the skates temporarily screwed up my feet in a rather painful way). Already my body is feeling better from the little I’ve been doing, which equals awesomesauce.
Thinks to do in the coming month:
- Get another 3000 words down on Untitled Werewolf Novel.
- Complete the LJ Idol prompts (i.e. Fay Fairburn chapters) as they come up, which is necessary if I want to stay in the competition.
- Finish draft zero of the new short story.
- Write two new poem drafts.
- Edit and submit “White Noise”
- Put “Shaking Hands” up on my website
- Create and post a youtube video
- Keep up with the yoga.
- Buy a house plant and frame the art I have in an effort to make apt more homey.
How are you doing in approaching your goals for the new year?